Thursday 29 May 2008

Cycling for Headway - the Brain Injury charity

I wanted to remind people of the reason why i am taking part in the London to Paris bike ride and what the ride actually involves.

From 10-13 September 2008 i will be cycling just shy of 300 miles from London to Paris for Headway - the brain injury association.

I am proud to be sponsoring Headway. Having assisted on brain injury cases in this firm in the past i am aware of the important role which the charity plays in helping brain injured individuals to try and live as fulfilling a life as possible. Their help goes beyond what hospitals and other healthcare institutions can offer. A friend of mine has also recently suffered a brain injury and i have seen the effect which it has had on not only him but also his family so help from Charities such as Headway is hugely important.

For more information about the work that Headway do, you can visit their website at:

www.headway.org.uk

I am also supporting a local charity which assists those in the community who have suffered brain injury by providing a day centre and the web site of Head Forward Centre can be viewed at

www.headforward.org

I will be cycling from London to Calais on day 1 and then the next 3 days will see me head South from Calais to Paris with stop overs at Abbeville and Beauvais. On the final day i will cycle into Paris finishing on the Champs Elysees and The route also passes through areas where the battles of Somme (First World War) and Agincourt (1415 between the English and French) were fought.

I will be posting more often as my training intensifies (and now that i have a glorious new bike) so please do keep an eye on my blog. I hope it is of some interest to people.

Nick

No comments: